- European legislation applies if your flight departs from an EU country, Iceland or Norway, or arrives to one of these countries with EU carrier.
MAIN PASSENGER RIGHTS
- You may request a refund of your ticket if the delay is more than 5 hours, but only if you decide not to travel.
- Financial compensation between 125 - 600 euro is due unless you were informed of the cancellation 14 days before the flight , or you were rerouted close to your original times, or the air carrier can prove that the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances.
- You may be entitled to compensation between 250 and 600 euro depending on the flight distance and the time of delay after rerouting.
Assistance by airlines
- Depending on the circumstances, if your flight is cancelled or delayed, or you are denied boarding, you may be entitled to receive assistance (food and drinks, phone call, and an overnight stay if necessary). In the event of denied boarding or cancellation, you may be offered the option to continue your trip or receive a refund of your ticket.
- If your luggage is lost, damaged or delayed, you may be entitled to compensation from the airline of up to about €1200. However the airlines shall not be liable if they have taken all reasonable measures to avoid the damages or it was impossible to take such measures.
[!] For damaged luggage, you must submit a claim to the airline within 7 days of receiving you luggage. For delayed receipt of you luggage, this period is a miximum of 21 days.
How to resolve a problem or complaint?
- In the first instance you should contact the airline. In case you are denied boarding, or your flight is cancelled or delayed you may use the EU complaints form
- If your flight was part of a holiday package, you should contact the tour operator
- To claim compensation for lost, delayed or damaged luggage please respect the deadlines and keep in mind the restrictions that may apply
- If you are unhappy with the airline's response, you should contact us for further help
- provide additional advice on your particular case
- contact the airline and try to find an amicable solution of the problem
- help you to file a complaint to the authorities if your flight is cancelled, delayed or you are denied boarding.
- advise you to take you case to an out-of-court scheme, or to court procedures if necessary.
The flight was first announced delayed but then the airport was closed and the flight cancelled.
Three Bulgarian consumers flew from Sofia to the US via Rome with an Italina aircarrier. They comlain ...